Nutritional Medicine, also known as Nutritional Therapy, identifies nutritional and metabolic imbalances and determines how these contribute to your health concerns. By targeting these imbalances through dietary and lifestyle measures, Nutritional Medicine addresses the root cause of your health problems and supports the body back to optimum health and wellness.
Nutritional medicine/therapy uses a multi-step approach involving:
- Optimising the diet to avoid detrimental foods and provide abundance of nutrients to correct any deficiencies
- Boosting the immune system
- Healing the gut
- Enhancing detoxification and reducing toxin exposure
- Balancing hormones
- Treating infections such as Lyme disease, EBV and co-infections
- Stress management
- Improving sleep
- Lifestyle advice including exercise
To understand your specific problem is often like detective work using clues to find the cause of the issue. To accomplish this requires:
- Thorough questioning in the consultation
- Understanding each sign and symptom
- Learning about family and personal medical history
- Discovering use of medication
- Functional testing using blood, stool, urine and/or saliva
I use a number of different laboratories to be able to test for virtually any issue, such as:
- Armin laboratories for Lyme disease and co-infections
- Genova Diagnostics for parasites and other gut issues
- The Doctors Laboratory for immunology, thyroid profile, haematology and biochemistry
- Biolab for nutritional deficiencies.
You are unique and therefore your nutrition programme is unique. In Nutritional Medicine, there is no “one size fits all” approach, but an individualised programme tailored to your exact health requirements will be created after understanding your needs. This may consist of the following:
- Therapeutic diet.
- Supplement regime providing optimal levels of nutrients, phyto-nutrients, enzymes, probiotics and more.
- Herbal regime.
To find out more about how I may be able to help you with nutritional medicine, please contact me.
I went to see Michele with multiple symptoms, I felt like I was falling apart! It turned out all my symptoms were being caused by my digestive system not working properly. Michele created a plan for me to heal my gut, which included changing some detrimental aspects of my diet and adding in supplements and I quickly had great improvements in all my symptoms plus I just feel so much better as a whole.J.Henderson